Wrestling events at Universal Studios Orlando - Miami Herald - 25th March 2008
WWE's WrestleMania Fan Axxess Tour is making a stop in Orlando from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday, March 28 and Saturday, March 29 at the New York Public Library at Universal Studios theme park.
Activities include autograph sessions with WWE superstars, a tournament featuring the popular video game SmackDown vs. Raw 2008, trivia challenges and the opportunity to view exclusive WWE superstar videos and memorabilia.
Guests will also have the opportunity to create their own WrestleMania XXIV photo moment, take home a DVD of their own ring entrance with music and props and more.
Universal Orlando Resort is home to two distinct theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure.
Universal Studios Florida is a motion picture and television theme park featuring attractions such as Shrek 4-D and Revenge of the Mummy The Ride. Universal's Islands of Adventure is home to some of the most thrilling and technologically-advanced attractions ever made, including The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk Coaster.
The resort also includes an entertainment complex, three on-site hotels and the widely-popular Blue Man Group show. WWE's WrestleMania Fan Axxess Tour is included in admission to Universal Studios Florida. To purchase tickets visit universalorlando.com.
• TNA Wrestling will conduct three television tapings March 27-29 at Soundstage 21 at Universal Studios Orlando. There will be a first-ever live telecast of !iMPACT! on Spike TV at 9 p.m. Thursday, March 27.
The other two will be taped -- one on Friday evening and then Saturday afternoon. Seats (free) are first-come, first-serve. You do not need park admission to enter.
• WWE is providing cable and satellite customers the opportunity to win a custom WrestleMania XXIV motorcycle built by Orange County Choppers, the world renowned team behind the hugely successful American Chopper series.
Cable affiliates and satellite providers participating in the promotion include Comcast, Time Warner, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, DISH Network and DIRECTV.
Designed by the elite Orange County Chopper team of Paul Teutul, Jr. and his son, Paul, Jr., the custom WrestleMania XXIV chopper is a one-of-a-kind bike themed around WrestleMania that utilizes a WWE ringside bell as part of the bike's air cleaner and parts of the WWE Championship belt for the bike's primary cover and chopper mirrors.
The customized chopper took one month to complete and is worth $60,000.
''All of us at Orange County Choppers were excited when approached by WWE to build a custom chopper for their WrestleMania XXIV sweepstakes,'' said Paul Teutul Sr., founder and CEO, Orange County Choppers. ``It was a challenge to incorporate all of the aspects of this grand event into a chopper, but we believe the fans will be happy with what we have created.''
The Custom WrestleMania XXIV Chopper Sweepstakes campaign is being supported by $10 million in cross channel media value. More than 1.6-million targeted direct mail pieces were sent to WWE pay-per-view buyers and purchasers of similar types of pay-per-view entertainment.
Guide and bill ads reached 9-million homes. The promotion is also being sustained by local market radio promotions in the top 25 DMAs and extensive web and media exposure.
WWE fans who purchase a new subscription to WWE 24/7 On Demand in March will qualify to receive a Limited Edition WrestleMania XXIV Chopper die-cast while supplies last. The die-cast is a one-time production replica of the WrestleMania XXIV Chopper.
DIRECTV and Dish subscribers who order WWE Backlash and Judgment Day also qualify to receive the custom die-cast replica.
''We have had a steady run of successful affiliate promotions over the past few years resulting in driving our fans to the pay-per-view and on Demand platforms,'' said Peter Clifford, WWE Senior Vice President, Affiliate Sales and Marketing. ``This Chopper promotion will be no exception. Our fans like to collect all things WWE.
``A custom chopper from a world famous building team will certainly take the cake. And, if you aren't the lucky one who wins the real thing, the Limited Edition die-cast will play a nice second.''
Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on global activities, go to wwe.com/worldwide/.
• WWE star Chris Jericho will sign copies of his book A Lion's Tale and the new Fozzy CD release All That Remains Reloaded from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, March 27 at the Virgin Megastore at downtown Disney, 1494 Buena Vista Dr. in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The book and CD must be purchased at the store in order to be signed. Call 407-828-0222.
• The sixth THQ Superstar Video Game Challenge is 7 p.m. Thursday, March 27 during WWE WrestleMania 24 Week at the House of Blues in Orlando.
WWE superstars and divas participate in a single-elimination video game tournament using WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 for Xbox 360. WWE's ECW star Elijah Burke won last year's competition during WrestleMania 23 Week in Detroit.
Orlando bracket:Raw: Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton; Carlito vs. Santino Marella. SmackDown: Finlay vs. MVP; Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio. WWE's ECW: CM Punk vs. defending champ Elijah Burke; Kofi Kingston vs. Tommy Dreamer. Divas: Beth Phoenix vs. Michelle McCool; Layla vs. Ashley.
The event also features four finalists from Europe and North America who will compete for two WrestleMania floor seats.
Tickets ($15) are on sale at hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=51293. Also check Ticketmaster online.
• The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony is 7 p.m. EST Saturday, March 29 at The Amway Arena, 600 W Amelia St. in Orlando, Fla.
Ric Flair will be inducted by Triple H. Rocky Johnson and the late, great High Chief Peter Maivia will be enshrined by Johnson's son and Maivia's grandson, The Rock. Eddie Graham will be inducted by Dusty Rhodes. Also, Jack and Jerry Brisco and Mae Young will be part of the Class of 2008.
Business attire is requested.
Tickets ($55) are on sale at the Amway Arena Box Office, all Florida Ticketmaster locations (including FYE stores) and on Ticketmaster's website. Also charge by phone at 407-839-3900.
• The WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony will air taped delay at 11 p.m. Saturday, March 29 on the USA Network.
• Presented by The David Maus Foundation for the benefit of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the annual WWE Bacon, Bagels & Biceps Brunch is Sunday, March 30 during WrestleMania Weekend at the Rosen Center Hotel on International Drive in Orlando.
The Bacon, Bagels & Biceps Brunch was first presented by Donald Trump in 1988 on the morning of WrestleMania IV. For the past 20 years, it would be the jump-start to WrestleMania Sunday for WWE's enthusiastic fans.
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster online for $125. Purchases include a full brunch, exclusive WrestleMania souvenirs and interaction with a dozen WWE stars before heading to the Citrus Bowl for WrestleMania XXIV.
• WWE Monday Night Raw is 8 p.m. Monday, March 31 at the Amway Arena. Tickets are on sale at TicketMaster outlets, by phone and online. Prices range from $20-70.
• WWE SmackDown! tapings and WWE's ECW live are 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 1 at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami. Tickets are on sale at the AAA box office, TicketMaster outlets, by phone and online. Prices range from $20-75.
Media Man Australia Profiles